Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Joy Williams Venus Album Review

You might know the Civil Wars, but what happened to them? Well, they broke up in August, 2014. But Joy Williams returns for her fans in a solo album named Venus. Venus is an album written by Joy exposing her life over that last year.
               
                    

Venus is filled with heartache and discovery. One of my favorite of the sadder songs is the very first, "Before I sleep." It's a song about heartache, but not letting things get to you, and trudging thru obstacles. Another favorite of mine is, "One Day I Will." "One Day I Will" is about moving on and learning from the past. Her voice is soothing and powerful, as well as feeling the hurt in her voice. I can really identify with songs like this, because feel you learn form the past and it only makes your stronger.

                   
The over all vibe of the whole album, for lack of better words is, chill. Joy's voice is calming and soulful. I could listen to this at anytime of the day. It almost has a 90's vibe. Check out the song "Woman (Oh Momma)", below. Woman reminds me of a woman talking to herself about her internal struggle of being everything and nothing.

                   

You can go listen to more of her music and download it on iTunes and Amazon!


And for those fans who thought they'd never hear form Joy Willaims again you can catch up with her here:

 * Official Joy Williams website: www.joywilliams.com
 * Twitter - @joywilliams
 

I participated in the Joy WIlliams Venus album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment